Athletics Hall of Fame
The Coe College Athletics Hall of Fame was begun by Coe Athletics Director Barron Bremner with the assistance of a committee of alumni C-Club letter winners. The constitution was written in November 1972, and the charter class of 17 was inducted October 26, 1973.
Conditions for induction are:
- The candidate must have received a varsity letter and have completed their degree requirements at Coe College, or have been an athletic coach and/or staff member at Coe College.
- A candidate is not eligible for a period of ten years following the completion of his/her athletic career at Coe College. The award may be voted posthumously.
- This does not pertain to an athletic coach or athletic staff member.
- A candidate must have made a contribution to athletics:
- As an outstanding athlete at Coe who has later led a responsible life.
- Attention should be given to a candidate's body of work at Coe College as an athlete, coach or athletic staff member.
- Consideration should not exclude a candidate who has achieved success at an elite level and led a responsible life.
A selection committee is appointed each year according to the guidelines of the constitution. The committee selects among nominations from C-Club members.
Each nominee's photo and induction is framed and permanently displayed in the Coe College Athletics Hall of Fame in Eby Fieldhouse.