Overview of Athletic Training Services at Coe College
The athletic training staff at Coe College is committed to providing quality health care coverage for our 21 NCAA Division III athletic teams. Each athletic team is supervised by one of our certified athletic trainers and works closely with our team physicians, coaches, administrators, health services, and the medical community in Cedar Rapids to assure each athlete receives the best experience while at Coe in the safest environment. Student athletes and parents are encouraged to utilize the services of our athletic training staff during their time at Coe. All injuries and illnesses occurring to our student-athletes at Coe need to be funneled through the athletic training staff
It is important that you review your student athlete’s intercollegiate sports participation with your medical insurance agent so you can be advised as to the amount and type of coverage that is appropriate. Prior to any conditioning, practice or play as a member of an intercollegiate team, every student-athlete at Coe College must meet the following guidelines:
- Complete required demographic, health insurance, and medical information forms using our electronic medical record system, SportsWare. Instructions for requesting access to SportsWare and completing the medical record can be found below.
- All student-athletes must have a record of physical examination on file with Athletic Training Services. All freshmen and transfers must have completed a physical examination within six months of participating in intercollegiate athletics at Coe. A copy of the physical must be uploaded to SportsWare. Hard copies will not be accepted. Student-athletes will need to submit a separate copy of their physical exam to AT Services, in addition to Health Services requirements, as medical clearance for participation in intercollegiate athletics is processed through the Athletic Training Staff.
- Every student-athlete at Coe is required to have their medical insurance meet the listed requirements. Coe College does not provide medical insurance for intercollegiate athletics at Coe. One of the requirements is to ensure that student-athletes have enough insurance to meet the NCAA provided catastrophic insurance policy. The NCAA provides catastrophic insurance coverage to all NCAA student-athletes in the event that an injury or illness exceeds $90,000. This must be updated annually on SportsWare. A front and back copy of the student-athlete’s health insurance card must be uploaded to SportsWare.
- Complete and submit Sickle Cell Information. This form is found on SportsWare. This must be on file and completed once while participating in intercollegiate athletics at Coe.
- Complete and submit ADD/ADHD Information (if applicable). This form is linked below. This must be on file and completed once while participating in intercollegiate athletics at Coe.